Friday, September 19, 2008

Housetraining woes


I'll admit, when I first brought CeCe home I didn't realize how difficult it would be housebreaking her. Oh, the many times I'd clean up a mess then turn around five minutes later to find another! My carpet cleaner was definitely put to use that first year.

I remember I once tried putting a wee-wee pad inside her crate, just in case she felt like going while I was at work. I learned quickly that wasn't effective - she ended up tearing up the pad.

I wish I had read this article when I first started housetraining my little girl.

I found the article's "magic formula" to be pretty interesting: a two-month-old puppy, for example, can only "hold it in" for two hours.

Maybe diapers could work.

Just kidding.

Dog owners: what was your pet's housetraining experience like? The story mentioned how bichon frises and pugs had difficulties in that department. Bichon and pug owners, any truth to that?

No comments: