Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving precautions

I am pretty excited for Thanksgiving. For the past two years, I've had to stay in town to cover Black Friday shopping the day after Thanksgiving. This year, I FINALLY get to spend the holiday with my family. I'll be in D.C. the whole weekend, but I'll try to update as much as I can.

CeCe, unfortunately, is going to be boarding. :( But I should be getting text message and photo updates of her, according to the people at the kennel. I hope she isn't too lonely on Thanksgiving!

I am friends with 2nd Avenue Animal Hospital on Myspace and recently, they sent out a bulletin on Thanksgiving precautions. So if your pet is spending the holiday with you, check this message out from 2nd Ave.:

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to remind every pet owner to swing by your local grocery store and pick up a few special food items for your dogs & cats for thanksgiving.

Every year, thousands of animals are rushed to emergency clinics and animal hospitals around the nation within a few days of Thanksgiving.

All too often the foods that we enjoy & share with our companion animals will give them diarrhea and cause them to vomit.

Remember: DO NOT GIVE YOUR DOGS or CATS Turkey or turkey bones this Thanksgiving!!!!

Every Year, EVERY animal hospital has at least one large or small breed dog come in after Thanksgiving with splintered bones protruding through his or her stomach lining into other organs, or stuck in the intestinal walls causing a bowel system shut down or blockage.(and this is BARELY an exaggeration)

If you want to make your pets a special dish for Thanksgiving, try making some white rice & boiled chicken breast (be sure there are no bones or spices present).

Keep canned dog & cat foods on hand and you can make them their own special Thanksgiving dinner!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM SECOND AVENUE ANIMAL HOSPITAL!!!

4025 2nd Avenue
Columbus GA 31904
706-507-7297

No comments: