Friday, November 21, 2008

*New* Columbus Animal Resource Campus!

So I went on a tour yesterday of the new Columbus Animal Resource Campus on Milgen Road. That's where PAWS and Animal Control are now located.

All I have are three words to describe it: Oh. Em. Gee.

You HAVE to go to their grand opening tomorrow. It is AMAZING in there. Total upgrade from their old facilities up on Sacerdote Lane near the state prison. I spoke to Executive Director Donna Rex and she said a lot of the animals are already displaying behavior they would if they were in an actual home, not a shelter. And I could totally see that when I toured the place. The dogs seemed so much happier and less frightened than your stereotypical pound puppy.

Here's the 411 on tomorrow event:

What: PAWS Humane Grand Opening

When: Saturday, Nov. 22, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.

Where: 4900 Milgen Rd., Columbus (shuttle buses leave from Cooper Creek Park)

They'll have animals for adoption, facility tours and door prizes/giveaways. They also ask that you don't bring any of your own pets to the event.

I'll have an article running in tomorrow's paper, so be sure to check that out! Oh, and L-E multimedia whiz Joe Paull tagged along on the tour. He took some great shots so I'll post photos here soon.

No comments: