Wednesday, October 15, 2008

One ill owner, 32 cats

Hey everyone!

Sorry I haven't been updating as much. There are a few newspaper stories I've been working on and that has been keeping me busy. But they are all due at the end of the week so I should be good soon enough. I have a very cool pet story I've been wanting to work on...that process should begin next week! Yay!

Switching gears a little...I read a very sad story today about an anonymous donor who gave up her 32 cats to five vet clinics across the Chattahoochee Valley. The anonymous lady is dying from cancer and did not want her kitties to be left without a home or worse, put to sleep when she passes.

You can read the full story here.

The good news is that most of the cats have found new homes.

I don't really like talking about death, but if you knew you were going to pass on tomorrow, what would you do with your pet? Give them to a family member or friend? Send them to the animal shelter? Or maybe put them to sleep? (I know the last option is a horrible thought but I once spoke to a pet owner who said her dog would not be happy living on Earth without her...so she would put have him put to sleep after she passed.)

No comments: