Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Allergic to pets? That's OK

I came across this CNN article today about people who keep pets even though they're allergic.

It made me think of my uncle in California. He and my aunt own a 9+ year old German Shepherd named Duvalle. Duvalle is the most well-behaved dog I've ever met. He and my uncle are inseparable. They don't have any kids so Duvalle is their baby.

Anyway, recently, after 9+ years with Duvalle, my uncle developed an allergy to dogs. Shocking, I know. Giving Duvalle up was not an option. So my aunt and uncle had all the carpet in their condo replaced with hardwood so there wouldn't be so much pet dander. My uncle also started taking medicine to tame his allergies.

I probably would do the same thing if I ever found out I was allergic to CeCe.

What about you all? Do you keep pets even though you're allergic? How do you deal?

No comments: