Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday!

Just wanted to let everyone know how HAPPY it makes me to see such a great response to this pet blog. I've gotten a bunch of e-mails and phone calls regarding potential blog posts/story ideas/pet pix/etc. and I'm working hard to respond to everyone. Keep 'em coming!

This past weekend I visited some animals at the Muscogee County Humane Society and PetSmart. So many cuties! Sweet, too. It makes me very sad to see some of the reasons why animals were turned in...one Hound, I read, was given up because the family could no longer afford her. A tiny Chihuahua once belonged to a lady in a nursing home - she couldn't take care of her anymore.

When I first contemplated getting a pet, someone told me not to go to the shelter to get one. He said I wouldn't know the background or personality of the pet and that it would be hard to train.

Good thing I didn't listen!

Check out more pets available for adoption in our area.

No comments: