Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flying with pets = expensive!

Hey everyone!

Sorry it's been awhile. I took a few days off so I could fly to North Carolina to visit my significant other.

When I checked in on AirTran, I was pretty irritated to discover that they now charge for EVERY BAG you check in - even if you have just one. I knew a bunch of airlines were implementing this kind of charge, but I had forgotten and it caught me off-guard.

It was $15 per bag...so $30 for me, roundtrip. I know it's not a lot, but I mean, what ever happened to the days when you could check in two bags for free, and it didn't matter if they were over 50 lbs. each? I guess those days are long gone.

That's not the only fee that has gone up at the airport.

Apparently the cost to fly with your pets has as well.

Check out this article from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Consider this: I bought my AirTran flight to Raleigh/Durham airport for $49 each way. If I had brought CeCe with me, it would have been an additional $69 each way for her. It would have cost MORE for HER to fly than for ME! And she's the one who would be stuck in the cargo area!

Is it just me or do these pet fees make no sense at all?

No comments: